How to Choose and Wear FFP3 Respirator?
Wearing a mask is mainly for fear of infection and to prevent droplets from spreading to others. Air pollution and cold viruses enter the human body in different ways and cannot be compared. So, what is an FFP3 respirator? Let me introduce it below!
What is an FFP3 mask?
FFP3 Respirator refers to masks that meet the European (CEEN1409:2001) standard. The European standards for protective masks are divided into three levels: FFP1, FFP2, and FFP3. The difference from the American standard is that its detection flow rate adopts 95L/min, and DOP oil is used to generate dust.
FFP3 Respirator testing equipment:
The detection of FFP3 Respirator, whether it is a European standard or an American standard, is designated to use the American TSI-8130 Automated Filter Testers instrument for detection. The American standard uses the NaCl method for the N-type, the R type uses the DOP method, and the European standard uses the DOP method.
The TSI-8130 instrument uses the NaCl method. The instrument can automatically generate salt particles. The average diameter of the particles is 0.2μm (aggregated average diameter 0.26μm, arithmetic average diameter 0.07μm). After setting the sample at a certain flow rate, the instrument automatically prints out the flow rate, resistance, and permeability.
In the DOP method, DOP oil is used to generate dust. The particle diameter of the DOP oil is 0.33μm in aggregate average particle diameter and 0.20μm in count average diameter.
Related standard products:
Crown Name Group FFP3 Respirators
What is an N95 mask
As we all know, the role of masks is to filter tiny particles such as dust and microorganisms in the air. The higher the filtration rate of these tiny particles, the better the effect of this kind of mask. The N95 mask is a type of mask with a filtration efficiency of more than 95% for tiny particles in the air. This kind of mask has a very good filtering effect. The new type of coronavirus pneumonia is mainly spread through droplets (ie, human saliva), so wearing an N95 mask can effectively reduce the risk of infection.
How to wear N95 masks
- First check the outer packaging and expiration date of the mask to ensure that the packaging of the mask is not damaged and the mask has not expired.
- Drag the mask horizontally with one hand, and let the head hang down naturally so that the lower end of the mask is against the chin, and the upper end should completely cover the nose and mouth. Use the other hand to bring the two fixing straps to the higher back of the head. Position and the position behind the neck and under the ears.
- Gently squeeze the nose clip with both hands and index fingers to make the mask fit on both sides of the nose completely. (Don’t pinch the nose clip with one hand)
- Cover the mask with your hands and breathe quickly. Check if there is any air-exposed. If not, it means that the mask is airtight, and the way you wear it is correct. Only then can you wear the mask to go out.
- If the mask is contaminated, damaged, or has expired, please discard the mask and replace it with a new one.
The above is the content of what is FFP3 Respirator is introduced by the editor, I hope it will be helpful to everyone!